Saturday, November 15, 2014

Key West Lookout photo blog

Key West Lookout, this blog, is part photo blog and photographs and images of Key West have always been a vital part of the blog from the beginning. There must be more than a thousand images on this blog by now, with more being added all the time. And these selected carefully from the tens of thousands of pictures I have taken in Key West over the years.

Here's my picture of the week, I LOVE it!
Pelicans in free flight during Key West sunrise
click below for more picture of the week...

Well, there is a new camera on the block for me. I've left the Panasonic at home for this visit to Key West and have just bought this brand new camera, new to the market only recently: the Canon PowerShot SX60 HS. 

I've only just got it 2 days before this vacation so it's taking some getting used to. The main benefit of the camera is the 65x optical (not digital) zoom. Once you add in the digital zoom (although I hardly ever ever use the digital zoom) it can shoot 222x zoom. Which is a lot!

Introducing the camera....
My brand new Canon SX60 HS camera.

...which took these pictures....I put it through it's paces this week and so here I proudly introduce my Key West pictures of the week.

Fantasy Fest Key West 








A hundred more of my own pictures of Fantasy Fest 2014, including all the costumes from the Masquerade March
It's five o'clock somewhere flag at Key West Bight



Key West cemetery

Early sunbathing during Key West sunrise
More on Key West sunrise - click here



More on Key West Bight / historic harbor

Here's the view with no magnification. Can you see the red buoy shown in my next picture down? It's just right of the wooden pole second from the right (it appears black). It's tiny. But then with zoom....
Extreme close up, taken from shore, of a buoy in the channel outside Key West Bight. This shows the power of my new Canon super zoom camera. This is taken at about 100x magnification. With the naked eye I had no idea there were seagulls using it as a seagull spa


1029 Fleming Street - probably my favorite house in Key West

San Carlos building on Duval Street
Tattered Conch Republic flag flying on ship

Links to more of my pictures on this site:

I've taken thousands of pictures in Key West. In this blog post on this site, I've chosen my best:






I've taken thousands of pictures in Key West. In this blog post on this site, I've chosen my best:



Parrotheads at Meeting of the Mind 2014





I've taken thousands of pictures in Key West. In this blog post on this site, I've chosen my best:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment - would love to hear from you.....No spam/links - I delete them all